With no station updates in more than 4 months and few e-mail replies here and there I’m sure most of you out there have been rioting and going on hunger strikes, wondering where the hell I have been.
The fact of the matter is a great life event has occurred—This past May my wife and I had a beautiful baby daughter. 🙂 Her name is “Layan”, which means gentleness or softness. She’s 4 months already, laughing, exploring and growing her own personality. The delay in this mini announcement kind of explains the distraction part…
Everything from the pregnancy to the birth has been indescribable. From the movements and hiccups to the smiles and coos.
- Honey, can you believe this thing was in you?
- Yes… I was there, remember?!!
- Oh, yeah…
Whatever people tell you about having babies and preparedness is bullshit. You can never be fully prepared for this. I mean yes, you will purchase the formula, diapers, clothes, toys, etc. But there is going to be a lot of “Holy shit, what is this on her face?”, “Holy shit, what’s this smell coming out of her?”, “Holy shit, why won’t she sleep?!”, etc.
The good news is with great patience every obstacle comes with a nice little feeling of accomplishment… with the occasional surprises.
The bad news is you will never sleep the same way again, that is if you get any sleep at all. Some people will disagree saying things will get back to normal in a couple of years. I have a feeling that what happens is parents adapt and meet this lifestyle change midway. I expect that throughout the years the sleep interruptions will keep manifesting themselves in physical form (e.g. “Oh, my God. Why won’t she stop crying?!”) and then slowly morph into the more psychological form (e.g. “Oh, my God. Why hasn’t she called yet?!”).
In the end, the important thing is it’s… all… worth… it.
Anyway, back in May I added the following tracks but I didn’t get a chance to announce it because of the aforementioned life-altering event. They were:
- “The Immigrant Song” from Soundtrack for America (Joey Curtin & Marc Cooper)
- “The Sacrifice” from Mars Needs Moms (Jown Powell)
- “Gribble’s Loss” from Mars Needs Moms (Jown Powell)
- “Belmont’s Theme” from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Oscar Araujo)
- “Final Confrontation” from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Oscar Araujo)
- “Waterfalls of Agharta” from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Oscar Araujo)
- “Dearly Beloved” from Kingdom Hearts II (Yoko Shimomura)
- “Passion” from Kingdom Hearts II (Yoko Shimomura)
Today, I added these tracks:
- “Eclipsed Heart” from Priest (Christopher Young)
- The Stampede & I’m Coming Home from Water For Elephants (James Newton Howard)
- “Eli’s Theme” from Let The Right One In (Johan Söderqvist)
- “The Father” from Let The Right One In (Johan Söderqvist)
- “Dark Day” from Soul Surfer (Marco Beltrami)
- The Shattering from World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Russell Brower)
Hope you like them!